Hi guys, I really hope everyone enjoyed Ponycon 2012 I know we, the committee, are all incredibly tired after that but so pleased with some of the verbal feedback we got at the con It does seem like you guys enjoyed yourselves ^_^ So while we collapse for a few days we'd liek to know what you liked/didn't liked/could be improved on for next year
I know there were issues with some of the spacing between stalls and ofr that I do apologise, I don't think we were expecting such a huge amount of people all at once lol. But of course the more people that show up the better and I know it became easier to move around in as the day moved one and the crowds round the stalls thinned out a little. But what else was there? Please do tell us as we obviously want to make next year as awesome as possible so that you guys can have even more fun ^_^
Post by trulyoutrageous on Oct 7, 2012 20:47:26 GMT
I wish the raffle was drawn earlier.... I had to come home so I missed it :-( I think a few people were waiting around just for that... all shopped out but desperate to see if they had won a prize! Can't wait to see all the winners...
Post by fizzy008ponies on Oct 7, 2012 21:56:21 GMT
Yeah I waited around for as long as I could but had to leave just before 6 as I couldnt afford to miss my train.
It was an amazing day and once again, the Committee really outdid themselves making it a lot of fun for g1 collectors and bronys alike.
The only real complaint I have isn't with ponycon itself but with the hotel - I booked it as soon as it was announced and called them earlier on the day I was arriving so that they knew that I'd be in around 10:30pm. After travelling all the way up there and feeling completely shattered, my friend and I went to check in only to be told that some long stay guest had needed to stay another night unexpectedly, there were therefore no rooms left and that I'd have to be carted off down the road for a room. I'd booked my room at the novotel because I wanted to be with other collectors and to meet some of the friends that I'd made on here before saturday morning and I couldnt do that because of novotel's screw up. So hopefully we wont have it in novotel next year I hope that noone else had the same problem as my friend and I
Other than the spacing I thought this Con was the best organised yet. The way the committee, particularly Archer, kept the crowd going during things like the Cosplay Parade and the Closing Ceremony was amazing!!
The hotel was fantastic with Joe and I. The only quibble I'd have, albeit small, was the hotel didn't seem to have the capacity to cope with such a large group of us in terms of quick service for food and drinks. The staff were all fantastic and friendly and did their utmost, but it would be good to not have to wait around so long. I heard a group of bronies saying they would have to leave for a panel soon and they'd already waited a long time for their food and didn't yet have it, so a bit timelier service would be good, which could probably be provided by a slightly larger hotel
That said though, it was the best yet and I had an absolutely fantastic time!!!!
MOST WANTED: Baby Snoozy Surprise UK Newborn with nappy still in tact
was good and I liked the games and stable 101 but I think the room was a bit small and there was no cash point (I needed more money !) I think may be a place more centrel to the town /city so not taking 3/4 trains to get there. I go to a con that used to be in milton kynes shopping center they had to move as it was getting to big but it might be the right size for pony con as its bigger than this years but as more bronies hear about it there will probably be more next year and when we went to collectormaina (the con that used to be there ) and I saw lots of lads with rainbow dash and pinkie pie tee shirts on ! you could always phone the shopping centre up and see how much it would be to have it there and there are lots of hotels near by !!
Thank you for the convention this year! You guys did a really good job and I hope you're proud! Here's my positive feedback first:
* We really appreciated the convention being held in a hotel - it was so much easier for us than last year where we had to catch the bus to the racecourse with all our stuff to sell!
* The prizes this year were really good! I loved looking at the blind bag display. I also think the committee did a fantastic job of getting all the Holly Blues and having a special pony of our own after Hasbro messed up everything with Derpy. You guys should be really proud of what you managed to put together all on your own.
* Loved all the competition categories this year, and there seemed to be a lot more entries than last year? I was actually really happy to win three of the prize packs because I have two friends who weren't able to make it this year and now I have something to give them! Haha
* Barry-oke was awesome, he did a great job of entertaining everyone!
* It was my first member's day this year and I really enjoyed pinch the parcel - it was really nice of people to take pity on me not winning anything and give me one of their presents! Thank you Nayy and the girl with the portal t-shirt whose name I didn't catch! Archer's pony quiz was fun too... I felt a bit bad for all the bronies who didn't know anything about G1-3 but not that bad because I wanted our team to win XD
And the not-so-good:
* Horrible reporter.
* Didn't like the area as much as Brighton. Neither me or David can drive, so we felt a bit stuck in the hotel and we didn't have many options for places to eat and the food in the hotel was so expensive (and I agree, they weren't prepared for the amount of people who came) for what it was! I'd prefer a location closer to the city centre - it was really fun exploring all the cool shops and restaurants in Brighton last year!
* Everything was so crowded this year! I don't know if the venue was smaller than Brighton or there were just more tables, but for the first hour or two (on the main day) it was so claustrophobic with everyone trying to shuffle round and see everything. I couldn't get out from my own table to look around so I feel like by the time I got to look around I probably missed loads of cool stuff.
Post by mylittleponydreams on Oct 8, 2012 12:04:25 GMT
I loved every minute of it but I thought you could of had a dance competition at the disco lol;) I don't think I got the chance to meet everyone I wanted to I am sorry for that but hey there's always next years con I am all ready gonna save up for that one as I spent a lot of my money on friday. But love all the ponies I got thank you everyone that I got them from they have a very loving home here with me. Xxxxx
I thought it was great this year and was really impressed with the prizes and auction lots, even if I'm a teeny bit gutted at being outbid on everything I wanted (mourns the loss of the Doctor Whooves blanket).
It was crowded which has been commented on, I did get a bit trapped a few times, plus there seemed to be a bit of a problem with who was manning certain Ponycon competitions/raffles. Next year, so long as we just bring the girls and not the little changeling we left at home this year, I'd be happy to take an hour on something. There seemed to be a bit of confusion over how to enter the art/customs contests.
I also thought the hotel itself, although was clearly entering into the spirit of things (I caught the barmen doing a quick brohoof during shift change) the food was very slow and not particularly great.
A cash point would also have really helped, I don't even want to admit how much cash I handed over during the event but it was double what I estimated as my top limit and we had to drive out to Long Eaton to get cash.
I am extremely thrilled that both my girls won a prize, they really appreciate how lucky they were and I'm secretly very relieved as my girls are not the best losers in the world! Little Ellie-Rose actually has Asperger's Syndrome so there's always a lot of consideration into whether to let her enter anything or not! I'm a very proud mummy!
The only other thing that was a bit frustrating was that they'd run out of programs (sorry for repeatedly coming back to the admissions desk to peer at it, my ADHD isn't great for memorising lists) and Holly Blue was in such short supply. I'm not sure if either was limited in the first place (one per family or similar) but if not that would have helped! I've only just read through the issues with Holly Blue and the lack of Hasbro support so you did a great job!
We all really had a good weekend, and can't wait to see where it will be next year.
Had a blast at UK PonyCon 2013... so what are we doing next year?!
The convention was awesome- I've only got a few niggles:
* The hotel although lovely wasn't the best for people who didn't drive-I normally like t take the coach because of my social anxiety (it'd normally uieter) but there was no coach station so had to take the train, who had a few mess ups and ended in me having a panic attack albeit a minor one in Preston train station. Not everybody drives or indeed, can afford the train-I think if ever we were at the Novotel again (which I wouldn't mind, its a great hotel, everyone is so nice) I would say sod it, get the coach and just get a taxi for the last 12 miles just to save myself the hassle. (always so expensive!)(Actually, on a not-completely related note-if EVER the convention moves to Blackpool, let me know as my Dad works at a large hotel here and we might be ale to get it a wee bit cheaper, I say MIGHT no promises but I would like to try to help if ever you come to my hometown )
This one is going to be a bit contenious but...Holly Blue.
I saw when I went with my matey to get his people picking up MULTIPLE HBs. I'm talking about 6, 7, NINE here. She was a very limited pony and it would have been nice if there had been a cap set on her for each person. A LOT of people could not get her as she sold out SO quickly-I got mine from Sosilver albeit she doesn't have the lovely card etc. But is still the same pony at the end of the day. There are already HBs popping up on ebay for inflated prices so these are NOT people who wanted them for friends etc.
Alright, I'll stop whinging now. Other than those two issues, it was a lovely weekend, the committee did a fabulous job and I really enjoyed it!
I had a great time, I was also a bit sad that I couldnt get Hollie Blue though. I liked the venue because it was 5 mins drive from my house!! I was a bit worried about spacing between the stalls especially on behalf of anyone who had mobility issues etc. x
I'll start of with the positive: - I liked the idea of hotel with convention rooms combo. If you need to unload or getting something from your room you just hop over. - Even though I didn't participate in any panel/game this year I liked the idea there was so much to do. - Stage acts were cool too
Here are the bad ones - The hotel food service sucks, too expensive and you get very little and there simply wasn't much choice around for other restaurants. Like others I don't drive and I'm coming from abroad. So a supermarket to buy stash or breakfast/lunch would have been more than welcome. - The space was a bit too small for all those people. Someone with a wheelchair was way to big for the isles. Thank god the crowd solved when the activities started otherwise you could have dragged me away.
I really enjoyed the convention this year especially as I was able to attend both days!
I really liked that it was held in an actual hotel as I thought it was much more sociable to be able to sit in the lounge in the evenings and between events to chat to people. And also the ease of popping up to your room to dump bags, collect items rather than having to lug everything you need for that day round. It was much nicer than just travelling to a venue for the actual event and then everyone heading back to their individual hotels. I really hope the next con is in a hotel. However one with a cash machine and a more central location to offer wider choice of restaurants for all budgets. I didn't have my car with me this time and felt a bit trapped in the hotel and restricted with what I could get to eat. I know I'm repeating everyone but definitely more space needed on the main day as there wasn't enough room to rummage through boxes on the floor and I saw people stamping all over merchandise and what not that that was at a lower level. I really enjoyed the disco, my only little quarm would be maybe more non pony music as well next time! As much as I love all the pony songs I would have really liked some chart type music mixed in to have a good dance to in between!
Other than that the con was absolutely incredible and I can't wait for next year! Already saving as I could have spent a lot more as usual Thankyou so much committee!!!